In this guide, I will show you how you can make money online from information marketing. Anybody can start information marketing business and grow it to any level. All you need is knowledge and dedication.
Information marketing business is a business for smart people only. If you can get smart with your ideas, you will make quick and serious money in the business. Others have done it and many are still doing it. So why not you? Information marketing business will continue to thrive as long as human beings exist on this planet earth.
Make no mistake about it, information marketing business in Nigeria is probably the only business you can start with less than N10,000 now and be making good profit of over N200,000 weekly or monthly if you get it right.
Trust me, this is a business I know very well. When I say very well I mean like the back of my palm. So, everything I am about to write is from personal experience!
Information Marketing is probably the easiest means of making quick money on or off the Internet from any part of the world. Many acclaimed Internet Marketers all over the world have taken advantage of this unique business to create wealth for themselves. Some even made so much money in this business that they are now millionaires in dollars.
Here in Nigeria, there are notable Internet Marketers who made good money from information marketing through which they also established other great businesses that now worth hundreds of millions of Naira.
Information marketing business is a huge career and one thing unique about it is that it requires little or no capital to start, all you need is the inspiration and the knowledge. The revenue in the business is so huge that you can make between N500,000 to N1,000,000 within a week if you get your strategy right.
What is information marketing?
Information marketing is simply selling information products to people who are in dying need of it. It means creating and selling of digital products.
These information products can be in the form of ebooks (PDF) which is the popular one, it can be in the form of video tutorial, it can be in the form of audio book or podcast, it can be in the form of apps, it can also be in the form of slides.
Once you are able to package any kind of information in any form listed above and sell them to people who already needs them, that’s information marketing business.
Advantages Of Information Marketing and Why Launch Information products?
There are many reasons why information products rock! In fact, its the best business you can start if you are a job seeker, a knowledge seeker or entrepreneur.
These are the major advantages of starting information marketing in Nigeria.
(1) No or low budget for Product Creation: Unlike many other businesses, you can seemingly create information products without spending a dime.
With just a laptop or smart phone and an internet connection, oh…before I forget, a good idea, you’ll create a wonderful product. Although many people might tell you that it doesn’t require any capital, information marketing requires capital but this time around, not much.
Some products will require that you conduct tests to decide the best solutions to the given problem. Researches are also very necessary in information marketing, and finally, you’ll need to run online advertisements.
It doesn’t cost much to compile a list of resources and sell to people who needs them. A friend of mind compiled and sold “List of products for new born babies” He even went ahead to make even more money from Konga Affiliate Program because he embedded affiliate links on where to buy those products.
He’s selling this product for N2,000 and he make at least 3 sales a week. What this means is that you can sell virtually any type of information products as long as there are people who wants to buy them. And fortunately you don’t need any money to create the product.
(2) It can be delivered Anywhere Anytime: Unlike any other types of business or products, information products can be sold to anybody at anytime.
Also its easy to be delivered to the buyers since most of them will only need a download link. Like some of my products, people can buy it even while I’m sleeping. Everything is automated…
Once the user buys the product, a download link is automatically delivered to the buyers email address and they will download the product. They don’t need to call you and you will be making your sales under day or shine.
(3) Large Profit Margin: There is a very large profit margin with information products. Considering the fact that you have not invested anything in producing it, so you’ll virtually make over 1000% sales profit.
Information marketing business is fully scalable.
Meaning you can do it at any level – as large as possible or as small as you can control. Generally, there is a serious profit margin in this business.
(4) Few Staff Members are Needed: Just like autopilot business, information marketing business runs itself just after rendering it. Its an automated business that makes money on its own once you automate it.
In this case, you don’t need more staffs to run your business. All you need is to sit back and track your performance while you tweak more profitable marketing strategies.
(5) Can generate unlimited sales: Have you ever gone to a bookshop to hear that the book you were looking for had finished? You know that feeling right? Well, it doesn’t happen in information marketing. Just like other digital products, eBooks don’t go out of stock unless you decide to pause the sales.
(6) Anyone can do it: Not just everyone, but anyone. If you have an amazing idea and can concentrate very well, then you can write an eBook. You might also decide to hire someone to write the ideas down for you for an agreed price.
(7) Has less risk of loss: If you’re into fruit-selling business, then you’ll know how bad you feel when you don’t sell your mangoes on time. I’m not saying that mangoes spoil very fast, I’m just trying to compare offline trading with information marketing.
Disadvantages Of Information Marketing
(1) Requires Pushing: After writing your eBook, you’ll need to get it into the faces of your audience. If you’re not yet popular, it might not really be an easy task convincing people into purchasing your new book but believe me, it really works. All you need to do is to have a target audience, the people you believe would need the solution you’re offering and then make them see the book.
(2) Piracy: Everything that has an advantage has a disadvantage so is information marketing. Remember I earlier said that it can easily be sold to unlimited number of people, well it can also be downloaded by unlimited number of people easily. Android users can in minutes, distribute your eBook to their friends while with an email, the eBook can be sent to thousands and millions of people in just two seconds.
(3) Might not generate sales if expensive: If you’re eBook is expensive, you might encounter issues generating sales. I suggest you sell i at an affordable rate unless you’re targeting the rich folks.
(4) Nigerians don’t buy digital products very well: This is not quite The Profitable Hobbies has sold many copies and to be honest, majority of the sales were from Nigerians. We receive calls on daily basis requesting for the eBook and at a stage, we decided to offer a discount on it to help more Nigerians get it.
(5) Cheating: Payment gateways like PayPal give buyers the option of calling back their money if they are not satisfied with the item. This is cool as it has reduced cheating, however it has also increased cheating from buyers. Some people now buy products (especially digital products) and issue a refund after using it. They still have a copy and their money…so bad.
Preferred Format of Information Products
There are many ways you can package information products and sell them to people who already needs them. I am going to share with you 5 popular types that you can create and sell. These are:
(1) PDF: PDF is a short form of Portable Data File. It’s usually opened with acrobat reader and other compatible applications.
This is the most popular form of information products. Although, Amazon sells ebooks in the form of kindles, many other ebooks in top ebooks markets like clickbank, ejuncky etc.
The reason PDF is popular is that its easy to create while the file can be opened by almost all the devices. Buyers can also print out PDF files from their computers.
Its very easy to create PDF files from your computer even if you are using windows or Mac. There are many Microsoft word addons to convert file to PDF. I personally use Nitro Pro 8 software to create my PDF files. With this software, you can encript your information products to avoid indiscriminate copying or editing.
(2) Videos: Another form of information products are videos. Videos are as powerful as PDF. Video products are preferable of you are selling tutorials, site seeing, cooking tips, yoga guides as well as how-to guides.
You can visit YouTube to see things for yourself. A typical video market is udemy.com. There you will find an awesome video tutorials and trainers who are making millions of dollars by just selling videos.
Its not hard to create a video product. All you need is to procure video capture devices. These are video camera, lighting systems, audio capture devices and more. Once you setup your mini studio, you then start to create your videos.
(4) Audio and Podcast: Many professional online marketers interview experts in their fields and sell the recordings at a very high price.
These recording are in the form of podcast. Other forms of audio information products are audio book. Audiobooks are recorded paragraphs of books that buyers only listens to instead of reading it.
(5) Apps: Many information products are sold in the form of android or iOS apps. Most of my friends turns their blog to an app while they sell subscription service to the users.
How To Create The eBook (PDF Format)
It’s not worth it showing you information marketing ideas without showing you how to convert the ideas into a digital product. So let’s go through the steps:
‣ Research on the topic and prepare your outline
‣ Write the eBook down in a Microsoft Word or any other word processor and save as .docx
‣ Create your eBook cover
‣ Format the eBook
‣ Convert the saved document to a PDF file. You can use smallpdf.com to do that or any other tool.
You’re done, you can go ahead to upload the eBook on Sellfy for sales and automatic downloads. Alternatively, you can decide to sell it to people manually, then when they pay you deliver to their mails.
This is just all you need to know about information marketing, I hope it helps you. The ideas written down are just a little out of the many awesome ideas and you should be creative enough in choosing one.
Content Ideas that Sells like Hotcakes
Just like any other business, not all business ideas performs well. So, in information marketing business, you have to invest your time on creating information products that will sell like hotcakes.
Before you think of any business idea, you need to believe that you can sell. Choose a niche that you’re a specialist in and then research properly before writing. Our first eBook, Your Hobby Can Make You Rich took us more than 3 months to complete and the subsequent ones didn’t take anything lesser than that.
And I feel fulfilled anytime someone calls me in gratitude for the eBook in fact, I’ve gotten several emails of people requesting to reproduce parts of the eBook and you know what that means.
The eBook is on how to make money from your hobby, but this time around, we’ll be sharing 35 amazing information marketing ideas that sell well in Nigeria
In simple calculations, the more people who buys your products, the more money you will make.
In have compiled a list of content ideas that sells like hotcakes just for your inspiration. These are:
- Affiliate Marketing: You can teach people how to become successful in affiliate marketing with examples that have worked for you.
- Bulk SMS: People know of bulk SMS but just a few know how to earn from it or even start it. You can write an eBook on how to start bulk SMS and sell to people, your target audience should be the youths.
- Business Ideas, plan, promotional tips, and setup guide: Which business idea do you know about or have you tried? You can write an eBook on them and sell to people. There are many people looking for the best businesses to invest in. You can choose specific business plans and write on them.
You can compile an eBook on different businesses and how to set them up. Alternatively, you can pick up a business and write an eBook on it, it all depends on your choice.
- Career Guide: A career guide is an individual or publication that provides guidance to people facing a variety of career challenges. Many people are looking for someone to guide them through the best career path to take and you can be one of the guides.
- Cooking Tips: You can compile an eBook on any dish (or dishes) whether international or local and people would be willing to buy them.
- Current Affairs: How much do you know history? Tell us but make sure the eBook has something special to offer.
- Exportation Guide: Importation and exportation guides are hot-cakes, especially when you can teach how to start it with little capital.
- Farming Guide: Are you a trained agriculturist? This is a good time to utilize your knowledge and skills by teaching other people how to excel in it.
- Fashion Catalogue: Fashion designers and tailors need catalogues for keeping up to the fashion trends and you can compile and sell these trends to them.
- Food Processing Guide: Whether garri processing guide or…what have you, you can teach us how to do it and make your money.
- Freelancing: Many people are talented writers but are in need of how to get paid as one. If you know about it, you can as well teach them that. There are also other freelancing skills like graphics designing, website creation, app creation, video editing and more. if you want to start e]getting paid as a freelancer, you can check out our eBook, ‘Actualizing Your Dreams As A Freelancer‘, it’ll help you a lot.
- Health Tips: Are you a trained medical practitioner? Which foods should we stop eating? How beneficial is water to us? What is the best food to eat as an adult? You are in the best position to tell us these and more.
- Investment Tips: You can write an eBook for teaching the best types of investments and how to do them. Business ideas that sell well in a particular region can also fit in here.
- Internet Business Guide: How can I make money online is a question asked by many people and you can write an eBook to answer the question.
- Job Finding Guides: These include how to pass interviews, how to write an application letter and more.
- Love Hacks: These will sell well among the ladies as they are always looking for ways to make their man love them. Guys also read relationship tips too.
- Prayer Points: Among Christians, this is a good way of making money especially if you’re a pastor or influential person.
- Project Topics And Materials: You can aid under-graduates in writing their projects by offering them the topics and materials necessary for it.
- Sample Letters: Some people don’t really know how to write formal letters and can pay you to help them or buy your sample letters.
- Scholarship Tips: When is the best time to apply for a scholarship and how can I win one? What are the available scholarship opportunities for me? if you know these things, then you can write an eBook on them for other people to read.
- Security Tips: You can provide guides on how to be safe in a period of time in a region. For example, how to keep your kids safe during election.
- Sexual Wellness: Teach couples how to have healthy sex and other sex related issues.
- Song Lyrics: You can compile lyrics on trending songs and sell online to music lovers. The lyrics can easily be gotten on the internet so you won’t have to do the typing, maybe just a little curation.
- Visa Guide: How to apply for an international passport is a good example of a related topic. There are so many others and you should research and write on them.
- Weight Management Tips: Many guys and ladies are looking for how to reduce their weights and you can teach them that. The food to eat, when to eat, how to exercise, how many hours they should exercise and more.
Most importantly, make sure you create an information products on evergreen contents that can last for a very long time. Also, make sure that you have researched very well to be sure that people will like to buy them.
How to Research Topics for your Information Products
Like I said, do proper research before you create any information product. How large is your potential audience, will people like the topic?
How much will be the right price? Answers to these questions will help you to create information products that will be profitable.
So how to research topics for your information products? To do that, follow the instructions below:
(1) Prototype: Visit popular information products store. A typical example is Amazon or clikbank. Now search for top sellers in any category of your choice.
Top sellers means that there are more buyers. Now, choose a product that you think you can create a prototype of it.
Create it with a lot of improvements in it. Make it a bit special than the one you saw.
(2) Inspiration: Many information products creator are simply inspired to get a topic that people will want to buy. They get inspiration from their environment, thoughts or feelings.
Once you discover a problem in the society, you can create an information products in a bit to solve the problem and sell to those who already needs them.
(3) Surveys: Another way to come up with a topic for your information product is by asking. You can ask your friends, relatives, followers about what they will like to buy.
In most instance, professional information marketers uses surveys to get responses from their respondents.
The result of this survey or questioning will definitely give you a clue about what information products people wants to buy.
Make Money from Private Labelled Right Information products
Apart from creating your information product, there are still many other products out there that you can market and still make money.
These products are called private label right. This means that you have the right to resell the products and keep all the profit for yourself.
Sometime, you may not be allowed to edit the product or change things on them. Others are public domains books.
You can use them as gift or bonus products, you can use them for optin to download products, you can also sell them for money depending on the copyright terms.
Popular Marketplaces to Sell your Information Products in Nigeria
The next thing to think of is where to sell your information products and make money. In this section, I’ll suggest the popular marketplaces that you can sell your information products right away. These are;
(1) Amazon: Amazon is one of the popular information products market. They have millions of customers already who are ready to buy your products there.
You can convert your eBook to kindle and have access to over 500 million potential buyers. So if you have an interesting information products, head over to Amazon and sell your product.
(2) Create your Sales Page: You can create your sales page where you can sell your information products. It can be just one squeeze page and many pages website depending on what you are looking for.
Its actually easy to get it done with WordPress where you can easily integrate buy button and online payment system with the help of woocommerce plugin or other payment plugins.
Other places are:
And many others…
We have come to the end of this lesson on how to start information marketing business in Nigeria. You can implement these ideas anywhere you are in the world and still make your money.
Implement these ideas and tell me how it goes.
If you have any question, ask me in the comments section below. I’ll answer them as soon as possible. Cheers!